CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 12, 2008

"Happy Smother's Day!"

As I walked into the kitchen yesterday morning after getting dressed for the day, I got a big, happy "Happy SMother's Day, Mommy!" with a huge smile from Jack. It was the most wonderful thing I could have heard him say. Tim even said he didn't tell him to say it - that made it even better!

Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's Day! I would have loved better weather, instead of the damp and dreary 50 degree, rainy & windy weather that Mother Nature delivered to us here in St. Louis, but I don't think we were alone in that respect. I am just thankful that we were not one of the unfortunate families in the mid-west who were affected by the severe storms that moved through Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Our morning was no different than usual. Breakfast for the boys, breakfast for Mommy and breakfast for Daddy. A little TV and then everyone got dressed. In order to break up the mundane day of being inside all day, we decided to pack the boys up and head to the play place at the Mall for them to burn some of their extra energy before lunch. A ride on the beautiful Merry-go-round and then lunch from Subway.




Oh....and my present? A digital picture frame for my desk at work. See.....


Anyone who knows me knows that I am a picture FREAK and that my office is a shrine to my children and my husband. Well....why shouldn't it be? I am here 8 hours a day, 40 hrs a week - I miss them and it helps pass the time. But...my company is starting to implement a clean desk look so personal pictures will be a thing of the past. Tim though this would help me in making the transition from the 21 pictures that I currently have in my office (those are the ones in frames and don't include the ones in my desk blotter). It was THE BEST present! I don't think he could have done any better! Thanks Honey, I love it!!

The rest of the day was spent playing and napping and then we had a nice dinner, at home. Nothing that fancy, just chicken breast and shrimp for Tim and I and mac & cheese, meatballs and corn on the cob for the boys.

I told Tim, I really didn't need a special day to know that my children love me and that he appreciates me. They tell me that 364 days out of the year (yes, I know there are 365 days in a year, but I have to be the bad guy once in a while!) However, it's still nice to be pampered and treated like a Queen anyway! I LOVE BEING A MOM!

0 comments: