CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Who Is YOUR Hero?

A question that I've never really thought to ask Jack about but they did at school is "Who is your favorite hero?" and I was shocked by his response. Not in a bad way, in a "I'm so proud of him" way.

We talk alot about what people do and who we know who are Firefighters, Police Officers and Paramedics. Last night, I was picking up the boys and walked by a large flip-chart piece of paper that they had recorded what the children's responses to the question "Who is your favorite hero?" in a circle time conversation. Jack's response was enough to elicit another one of those PROUD MOMMY MOMENTS from me because I knew that it was a true, genuine, unsoclicited answer........see for yourself!


I seriously stopped, turned and asked his teacher "Did he REALLY say that?" and her response was "Yes! All on his own? He's obviously very proud of them!"

P.S. Uncle Chris is Chris Hogan, my brother in-law, a Volunteer Fire Fighter/Paramedic with Atlantic Ambulance and St. Claire's Hospital System in Chatham Township, NJ and Uncle Dan is our friend Dan Phillips, Officer for the Glendale, MO Police Department. They are BOTH true heroes!

1 comments:

JaxDad's Thoughts.. said...

Jack Henry,
This is your Uncle Chris. I have a question...do you think it's ok for a hero to cry? The reason I ask you this is because when Aunt Diehnee told me what you said in class I was so proud that it brought tears to my eyes. I talked to the guys in my firehouse and told them what you said, they all decided to make you an honorary Fireman.
I can’t wait to see you, Mason, your mom and dad in a few weeks. Thank you again for making me so proud.

Your Uncle Chris