CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"When I Grow Up I Want To Be A......"

In Jack's class at school they have been talking about occupations. One night we got a note from his teacher saying that they had been talking about what their Mom's and Dad's did at work and that Jack didn't know what Tim and I did. It really made me stop and think about it.....what DOES he think that Mommy and Daddy do when we say we go to work every day?
So Tim and I talked about it and tried to decide what was the most rudeamentary way of explaining to a three year old what we do for a living? So we came up with this.......Daddy builds things with his hammer and saw and Mommy helps people find jobs. It seemed to make sense to him and stuck. If you ask him now he seems to understand what "going to work" means and what we do all day long while he and Mason are at school.

During the same unit, they also started discussing what THEY want to be when they grow up. Tim and I dream about the boys becomming professionals in some sport and making TONS of money or just becoming so successful in whatever they do so that they can take care of us when we are old and gray (yeah, I know.....don't hold my breath, right?). Well, if you ask Jack what he wants to be when he grows up he will tell you.....



...... a cook!

Not just any cook though. He wants to be a cook that makes COOKIES! Tim and I are perfectly fine with that as long as they are GOOD COOKIES! So we have a future pastry chef on our hands (at least for now).

0 comments: