CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10 on Tuesday

Okay so I'm a day behind. I forgot to post yesterday due to the fact that I was a bit under the weather so here it is...

1 – Do you like the new look of my blog? I’ve been looking for something more exciting than the plain white background but something that matches my cute header that my friend Amanda (BLOG SAVY) did for me, and this is what I found. Let me know what you think.

2 – Tonight I’m going to attempt to carve a pumpkin with the boys for the first time. Normally I have just done it while they were napping or at school and surprised them with it but figured I’d give it a try this year. I always remember carving our pumpkin with my Dad in the driveway when we were kids. He was a MASTER Pumpkin Carver (if there is such a thing) and always gave our pumpkins the best faces in the neighborhood. We have FOUR pumpkins to do this year so I figured I’d knock one off tonight with the boys and then surprise them with the other three on Friday when I’m home taking the day off.

3 – My cold from last week is still hanging on. I broke down yesterday and went to the Dr and got an antibiotic to kill it. She said it was a sinus infection so hopefully I’ll start feeling better soon.

4 – We now have a new favorite TV show in our house. It used to be Wipeout, but since that’s over for the summer and we’re just watching DVRd episodes, it’s becoming a big boring. The boys now enjoy watching Deal or No Deal (or No Deal No Deal to Mason) so I’ve started DVRing episodes to watch before bedtime with them. Hey…..at least it’s a game show and not some mindless program! Maybe it’s the pretty ladies that they like.

5 – Sunday we are headed to A Day Out With Thomas and I can’t wait!!! We really haven’t talked too much about it with the boys yet. With Halloween and all, their focus right now is on Friday nights events – First things first but check back for pictures – you know there will be a lot of them!

6 – Fall is here in St. Louis. Our colors have really turned and it’s been very cold here the past two mornings. So cold that I’ve had to go out and defrost my car since I’ve been banished to the driveway with all of the drywall and appliances that are living in the garage now during our “project”.

7 – Have you bought your Halloween candy yet? I haven’t! I’m one of that people who wait until Halloween day and then goes and buys the stuff on sale. What’s the point of buying candy a month in advance? It’s not like there’s going to be a candy shortage or something!

8 – Hank and Tricia are still PATIENTLY waiting for their final approvals so they can go get Sophie. I can’t imagine how hard it is to wake up each morning and wonder…..is there an email to open or not. How cool would it be for them to get it on Friday – first a Father’s Day Present (when they were matched with Sophie) and then a Halloween Treat – Holiday’s could begin to have special meaning for them. Please keep your fingers crossed that that’s the case

9 – Woo Hoo gas prices in St. Louis are down to $2.29 a gallon! Makes going to the gas station not so painful anymore.

10 – Come back on Friday to see our Happy Halloween from the boys! It’s a cute one (think Super Heroes).

0 comments: