CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

An Idol In The Making?

Over the years, I have become a fan of American Idol. Seeing a complete nobody from a little small town somewhere in the US turned into an almost over night star just amazes me. Yes, I have been a part of the success of a number of the AI winners as I go out and purchase their albums (Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are two that come to mind) as soon as they are relased. Just think about it....where would Carrie Underwood be today if there was no American Idol? She'd possibly be still in Oklahoma and not a member of the Grand Ole' Opry! It's amazing....just amazing.

So last night, I waited with baited breath, along with the other, what 88 MILLION VIEWERS, to see who was going to the finals next week. I can't tell you my excitement when Ryan Seacrest said that KRIS ALLEN, the hottie from Conway, Arkansas, was headed to the finals!!!

As much as I have liked Danny Gokey, I have been a fan of Kris's from the get go! There's just something about his voice that appeals to me. Yes, he is pretty nice to look at as well but his voice......it's awesome. He SINGS! He doesn't scream or screech like another AI finalist who I am not nearly as fond of.

So - here's my WAY TO GO for Kris Allen! No matter how next week turns out - he'll definately have a career ahead of him. A twist of fate for him that may not have come true had his brother not pushed him to try out for Idol this year.

Photobucket

0 comments: