CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

One of my favorite memories as a child was going the baseball game with my Dad. We would sit RIGHT BEHIND the Cardinals Dugout. The view was amazing and to be so close to the action was indescribable. It was something that I truly came to take for granted as I grew older.

Now, going to the baseball game is almost a "luxury" or a treat for me. This year (actually just a month ago), thanks to my best friend, Betsy, I was able to go to my FIRST game at the new Busch Stadium (yes it opened in 2006, I know!) and it was such a treat!

Well, this past Friday, Tim and I had the opportunity to take the boys to the game and we jumped at the chance immediately! Having just clinched the Pennant for the NLC, we knew that the air would be humming with team spirit and the place just filled with Cardinal Red. Boy were we right! I think Jack almost had an anxiety attach he was SO EXCITED when we got to the Stadium! He was shaking from head to toe and his eyes were as big as saucers when he saw this!


Neither of the boys could believe their eyes! They wanted to know where Albert and Skip Schumacher were and when were they batting. They wanted to see the score board and figure out how to keep track of the count (Tim has taught them to do that when we watch the game on TV). As we watched the pregame festivities and got settled we were happily joined by this awesome group -



We all had such a great time. The boys did amazingly well and lasted until the end of the 7th inning (we had to let them sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game") and then we headed out in order to beat the traffic and also because the game had just gone into the trash after Wainwright had taken us into a 6-0 lead before Tony pulled him {bad idea in my opinion}.





All in all.....a great night and hopefully something that they boys will remember!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Hank said...

FYI to all....NO SOPHIE WAS NOT SLEEPING IN THE 2nd PHOTO! :-)