CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's A Bird! It's A Plane! It's A SUPER SLEEPER!


A good night’s sleep is something that neither Tim or I have had since, um…….let’s see…….October 19, 2004? Well……okay, well we may have gotten a few nights when Jack was an infant and he was sleeping through the night but then I got pregnant again, and that insomnia kicked in and I never got my full sleep filled nights back, until recently.

Mason is (or will be) 23 months on 3/23 and I am pleased to say that he has become a “Super Sleeper” as Tim and I so proudly refer to him every morning! He’s down for the count at 8:30pm every night and is sleeping, most of the time without so much as a peep 6:30am!!!!! We almost don’t know what to do with ourselves now! Having a full night of uninterrupted sleep is such a blessing to have back. I’ve forgotten what it was like. In some ways I miss my middle of the night rendezvous’ with him because those were such wonderful times to snuggle up with him when I was getting him to go back to sleep and because I know that it means that he’s getting bigger and is not a “baby” anymore but then I think about the lack of sleep induced fog that we would function under on those days following rough night and don’t miss that for anything in the world.

Just one more step towards being an independent little boy…….it’s hard to believe that he’s almost TWO!

UPDATE - As I posted this yesterday, I thought that I might jinx myself by saying what a good sleeper Mason's become and I think I did just that. Last night was a HORRIBLE night for all of us - the boys were both up multiple times and Tim and I got very little sleep - waking up this morning was HARD TO DO. Hopefully it was just a fluke and we'll be back to SUPER SLEEPERS tonight.

0 comments: