CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 31, 2009

im - ag - i - na - tion

- noun [i-maj-uh-ney-shuh n]

1.the faculty of imagining, or of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses.

--------------------

I love the imagination that my boys have. When they are getting along, they can entertain themselves for stretches at a time pretending to animals, pretending they are building a fort or just bring their toys to life. Jack has gotten to the age that he now has imaginary friends. They do not come to visit or talk to him but HE talks very frankly about them and very descriptively.

Tuesday night, I sat with him while he was drawing, and asked him about his friends to learn more about them and the world that he has created for them in his imagination.

The first one that he told me about awhile ago, is named Jessie. She lives in space and is 23 years old (where he got that age, I have NO CLUE!). She is blue, green and red and has RAINBOW colored hair. Then there is Matt. Matt also lives in space. His age, I am not sure of yet, but like Jessie, he has rainbow colored hair that is spiky. The last of his friends is Ferry and she's the "littelest" of his friends and like the other two, lives in space and has rainbow hair.

They drive cars in his pictures and play together. They are his friends and he's very fond of them. They don't get into trouble that often because they are good listeners and use their manners.

I am going ask Jack to draw a picture of Jessie, Matt, and Ferry for me so that I can "see" what they look like. I'm sure that he'll come up with an amazing picture for me when he does.

Photobucket

0 comments: